Tuesday 24 May 2016

Hobby Week Card Representing a hobby Day 2

Hobbies -most of us have one - be it sport, hiking, running, fishing, crafting the list goes on. Woodware have a number of hobby themed stamps and others that feature  'hobby' themes and can be adapted to the relevant hobby theme.  However since I have an interest in sewing and embroidery I decided to used one of the hobby themed stamps ........Sewing.

The card I have made is quite a basic, easy style which didn't take too long to do, but could also be taken to different level with decoupage and different levels of each of the blocks.

So here is the card.





This is what I used

A5 Blank card
Piece of smooth white card
Sheet of 12 x 12 patterned paper.  ( My paper was covered in rows of stitching)
Scrap of patterned card stock
Scrap of Holographic mirri board
Clear Magic Sewing sampler  stamp set
Stazon black ink pad
Sakura aqua pencils
Distress ink pad
White ribbon
Glossy accents
Silicone glue

This was the process

1  Take the A5 Folded card and fold the front of the card back to the fold of the card.  Use a bone folder and use to get a crisp fold.

2  Using the 12 x 12 patterned paper cover the inside back of card and also the front panel of the card.  I didn't leave any borders around the edges.  

3  Take the smooth white card and stamp the image with the black Stazon ink pad.  Stamp the image twice. as one of the images will be cut into for the decoupage pieces.

4  The next step is to colour the full image and also the segments that you want to decoupage.  On mine I used the pencils and on the 2 patchwork quilt panels I used one colour and then went over with another to give the idea of texture.




5   Trim the panel back to the stamped outline , this then matted on to a piece of holographic mirri board, and then on to a piece of complimentary patterned card.  Before going any further I put the glossy accents on the areas I wanted glazing.  I glazed the sewing machine, the thread on the bobbin, the tops of all the pins and the top of the safety pin.  Whilst this is drying go to step 6.



6  Colour the elements that you are decoupaging  and fussy cut these pieces out.  I decoupaged the thimble and scissors.  For the element that were metal I used a metallic silver pen



The scissors and thimble decoupaged

   
7  The decoupage pieces are the placed on the panel using 3D foam.

8 The final thing I placed a piece of ribbon on the outer edge of the back of the card.  Then take a number of pieces of ribbon and tie these round ribbon going down the back of the card.

There you have it  .I think that this stamp would look good  with the sewing machine, the sewing needle and maybe the pincushion panel all cut out as squares and then 3D with foam give a different dimension.  

Thanks for stopping by.  For more inspiration you can visit the  Woodware blog
Bye for now .

Gill






No comments:

Post a Comment