Thursday 25 June 2015

House Mouse Day 4

House mouse every stamp tells its own story, the designs are cute and the mice have names. My mouse's name is Amanda.

Here is my project for this week.





This is what I used:-

2 Sheet smooth white card stock
Black card stock
Scrap of Gold mirri card stock
Black Momento ink pad
Surfacez ink pad - Fudge
House mouse  stamp HMCM10 Potted Mouse
Alcoholic marker pens
Small piece of Cut and dry foam
Dutch Doobadoo Part art borders
Dutch Doobadoo Mask art burlap
Craftwork cards Elegance tag everyday messages 

This is how I made the card:-

Take one of the sheets of white card stock and cut this to 43/4'' x 101/4'' and score at 33/4''.

2 Take the second piece of white card stock and cut into 2 pieces (A5)

3 On one of these pieces use the black Momento ink pad and stamp the House Mouse stamp.  I used the Momento ink pad as I was using the Alcohol markers.  Colour in  your image using your preferred choice of colour.




4 Trim the stamped panel so that there is about 1/4'' border around the image.

5 Take the 2nd piece of white card stock and Burlap Mask, run this through your die cutting / embossing machine

6 The front piece of embossed card was used with the embossed side up and the back panel was coloured so that the de-bossed side was up.  This gives a slightly different texture



The right hand side is de-bossed and the left hand side is embossed

to the 2 pieces.  The colour was added using a piece of cut and dry foam and the fudge Surfacez ink pad.  To get the rough edges on these 2 panels I used a ruler marked the size I wanted them to be and ripped the edges along the ruler edge.

7 The next step was to cut all the black matts.  The size of the border I left was 1/16th''


8 The top layer on the front of the card was the stamped image and the black matt and these were attached using double sided tape. The 3rd and 4th layers were also attached with double sided tape,  the 2 pieces were then attached using 3D foam

9 All the layers on the back panel were attached using double sided tape.  The final panel to be made was the sentiment for this I cut a black card matt and a gold mirri matt these were stuck together with double sided tape and attached to the card using 3D foam.




10 The last step was to add the paper lace to the edges, I used PVA glue for this.

There you have my House Mouse card.  I really enjoyed making this card, and I hope like it too.

If you are in the UK or Europe and would like to purchase any of the products for the above projects they are all available from The Stampman or your local Woodware Stockist. 

Thanks for stopping by

Gill








1 comment: