Saturday 13 June 2015

Mirror cracked - shadow box

Here we are again with another Mirror Crack'd blog theme this week its shadow boxes- as you will have seen from the rest of the team.  


For my project this week I have chosen to used a 3D decoupage frame and a few other items.

Home decor seems to be the 'thing' at the moment so a small wall decoration would fit in I 
think.

So here is my shadow box and I have simply used Dreamweaver Dies for the project. 
  

This is what I used

Shadow box frame with an aperture about 3'' x 3''
Dreamweaver Dies Owls
Dreamweaver Die  Monstera Leaf DD002
Dreamweaver Owl stencil  LL3039 (for use when placing pieces of die cut owl together)
Small piece of sky patterned paper
3 different shades of green co-ordinations paper
$ scraps of brown patterned papers
Pale olive acrylic paint
Adhesive - wet glue

and this is how I made the project:-



1 Use the acrylic paint and paint the whole of the outside of the frame and box part.  The inside of the frame which is visible also needs painting.  Put to one side to completely dry.

2 Cut a number of the leaves in the different shades of green.  I cut 12.

3 Cut the owl out in all 4 brown patterned papers.  At this point if you use the stencil you can get an idea of where the pieces will go and which colour you want in which area of the owl.


4 Once the pieces have been glued in place take either a craft knife or scissors and cut around the outer edge of the owl as near to the pieces as possible.

5 When the frame is dry adhere the back layer of leaves to the inner frame and trim off any excess, and then stick the sky paper to the back.

6 The next layer of leaves and the owl are attached to the inner edge of the aperture of the frame.

7 The final leaves were given some dimension being shape with fingers and adhered to the outer surface of the frame.

There you have it my interpretation of a shadow box.

If you are in the UK or Europe and would like to purchase any of the products for the above projects they are all available from The Stampman or your local Woodware Stockist.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my project.

Regards 

Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment