Saturday 15 October 2016

Falling Leaves Day 4

Well Autumn is really here the weather has definitely changed, and the temperatures have dropped so I think Autumn has now arrived and with Halloween only a couple of weeks away.  This year is certainly going on at a real rate of knots.   This week we are looking at falling leaves,  I always try to think of something that is not just stamping.  So this week I have used the Dutch Doobadoo  Autumn leaves, colour powders or you can used ink sprays and a basic card. This week also I haven't used and patterned paper

The instructions are fairly quick this week so apologises for this but I' m sure you will be able to follow just looking at the card.

So here is my card





Things used

Card blank either white or cream, I used some of both throughout the card
Jane Gill Music stamp
Dutch Doobadoo Autumn leaves
Momento Grey ink pad
Spray paints or pixie dust powders
Distress ink pads in various colours for distressing the tag, edges of the matts
Organza ribbon for bow.


This is how the card was made

Take the colour sprays/powders and colour the Autumn leaves laser cut sheet and colour really randomly.  Use distress inks to colour the tag and the matt from behind this.

On the matt stamp the music image and repeat to colour the whole piece. Take one of the dark ink pad and go around the matt  and also the edge of the tag this will help to make them separate and pop.



Once the Autumn leaves are completely dry decide which ones you want include in you design.  Don't forget that you can cut them into smaller pieces.




I placed my chosen ones on the tag to make sure I was happy with them and then stuck them on to the tag, using only a minimum amount of glue, so that the leaves could be tucked under each other once these at in place.  Cut a slightly larger piece of black card for the matt next to the tag this again will  make the tag pop. 





I also decided that a black matt behind the stamped panel would also add dimension.  Finally layer all the pieces together and add the bow to the top of the tag.  I didn't tie it into the tag but simply placed it on the top.

There you have it a quick, and I think themed falling leaves is covered.

Hope you like it.  For more inspiration and ideas check out the Woodware blog.




Thanks for stopping by.




Gill




No comments:

Post a Comment