Monday 3 October 2016

Sketch 55 Day 1

The week we have a sketch to follow, and I must admit I was struggling, I couldn't think what I was going to do and then as sometimes happens I thought punch some circles, add embellishments on each.  The embellishments could also be punched so off I went and found my flower punch, circle punch and I was away.

So here is my card



What I used

7 x 7 base card
Circle punch in 2 sizes
Flower punch
Mirri card silver
Craftwork cards 8 x 8 patterned paper
Scrap of patterned paper
Piece of white thin card
Adhesive
Self adhesive gems for centres of flowers
Sentiment stamp

This is how I completed the card

1  Take a scrap piece of thin white card and punch 9 circles with the smaller punch.

2  Do the same with a suitable thickness of silver card punching 9 circles.

3 These 2 sizes of circles are then layered together


.

4  Take the flower punch and punch 16 flowers from a patterned paper

5  With 8 of these punched flowers add some dimension by curling the petal in your fingers and then pulling them up to form a cup shape.  then layer one flat and one dimensional flower on to each other.

6  Take the base card and cut 1 matt in silver and 1 in the patterned Craftwork Paper

7. Take the base matts that have been cut in the silver mirri and the Craftwork card patterned paper and attach to the base card. 

8  With the final white circle stamp the sentiment and then layer with silver and attach to the centre of the card 




9  Place the remaining circles so that you have 3 rows of 3 circles

10  In the centres of the flowers add an embellishment of your choice.  They could be small buttons, adhesive gems, glitter and glue, stickles glitter glue

11  Finally I added a bow under the sentiment panel


There you have my Sketch 55 card for this week.  Hope you like it.  For more inspiration and ideas check out the Woodware blog.



Thanks for stopping by.


Gill




No comments:

Post a Comment