Where has July gone, it doesn't seem two minutes since we were planning summer holidays, schools finished and all the other summer things were starting. never mined crafting is always around.
The month we have been looking at the Dreamweaver toys...........Dies. there are so many and when combined with the stencils the sky is the limit. I've gone back to my favourite floral theme, and i hope you agree that this card is suitable for all occasions.
This is what you need:-
Dreamweaver Dies Long Nesting Die DD004
Dreamweaver Die Leafy Branch DD003
Dreamweaver Stencil LJ909 Cathedral Window Large
Scraps of blue textured card and 3 scraps of white card
ColorBox ink pad - Farmhouse
Stampendous Crystal embossing powder
Die cutting Machine
Low tack tape
And this is how I created it
1 Take an A6 piece of white card and attach the Stencil to it using low tack tape. Use a stencil brush and the purple and green areas of the ink pad rouge through the stencil and create the background. Remove the stencil and cover the card with Stampendous crystal embossing powder, the powder will hold as the ColorBox pad is a pigment ink. Remove any excess powder on the card, and using the heat gun heat the powder and card. The result will be a twinkly background which adds interest to the background of your card.
2 Trim the piece down to the size you want to work with and you can select the area of colour you want to use.
3 Take a second piece of white card and run this through you die cutting machine using the stencil and the rubber embossing mat, this will give a textured piece for your next layer.
4 Once you have the texture on your card remove the stencil and replace with the middle sized Long Nesting Die, and cut with the die cutting machine. Remove the die and colour the panel. I used the Strie technique as depth of colour can be achieved by the number of layers applied.
To give a final blended look I very gently rouged over the top of the panel.
5 The final piece of card I gently blended with colour from the same ink pad for my leaves. Once I had the coloured card I simply cut 2 of the leafy branches and that was all the components complete.
6 The card was put together, I used 3D foam to give extra dimension. The final piece was the ribbon which I tied around the spine of the card.
I hope you like my card and it has made you want to have a go.
Heres what the rest of the team have been doing this week:-
Terri Sproul (GD)
Thanks for stopping by
An InLinkz Link-up