Monday 18 April 2016

1, 2, 3 Day 1

Hope everyone is OK and enjoying the odd days of sunshine we seem to be getting. This week Woodware are sponsoring Crafty Cardmakers... 
Crafty Cardmakers


I have to admit I found this theme a bit of a challenge.  If no one had specified that we were limited to numbers of embellishments, paper, etc. I don't think I would have thought too much about it.  My thought process was...........1 image that's absolutely fine, 2 papers don't have a problem with this 3 embellishments oh dear I have to restrict myself to 3 embellishments., which embellishments shall I use.  Then suddenly it seemed to come together.

So here is my card



These are the products I used:-

Scrap of white card
Single fold tag shaped card
2 scraps of coordinating patterned paper
Oriental Ladies stamp set
Heart strings
Gold pearly stuff
Olive green white dot organza ribbon
Black Stazon ink pad
Sakura water colour pencils

This is the way I made it

1  Fold the Tag base card in half

2  Cut 1 strip of each of the 2 patterned papers, the base layer in cut 1/4 inch wide top and bottom

3  Place the 2 layers on the base card using double sided tape about 1'' from the bottom of the card

4  Take the piece of white card and one of the oriental ladies and stamp using Stazon ink pad.

5  Colour the image in using the colouring medium of your choice.  I used the Sakura aquarelle pencils





6  Cut the 2 matts for behind the image, use the same papers as the band across the card (Step 3), I highlighted the edge of the matts with Stazon.  Layer the 3 layers together with double sided tape and then put 3D foam on to the back and attach to the card

7  Take a length of the heart  decoration and cut the length 2 hearts longer than required.  The top heart is removed leaving the thread and the same with the bottom heart.  This makes it easier to attach the embellishment  to the card. The excess thread is folded over to back of the card and attached either with glue or double sided tape.  BUT before attaching the hearts take the oriental ladies Love stamp and stamp into the centre of the largest heart.




8  Once attached take the pearly stuff and apply dots over the hearts randomly and also on the ends of the hair decoration

9 Finally the triple bow was added to the top with hot glue.

So here is your card. 

Hope you like it.  Bye for now, thanks for stopping by. You can get more inspiration from the rest of the team by visiting the Woodware blog, or why not join in the challenge on Crafty Cardmakers?

Gill


No comments:

Post a Comment