Saturday 11 June 2016

Happy Days Day 6

Well were has May gone, and we're practically half way through June.The weather will be hopefully be lovely and the good days at the end of May won't be Summer.  Time will tell.

For myself  any day can be a happy day, just to send a card to say Hello or Just a Note....... can make someone smile.This week I have gone for a really minimalistic style.  I was looking through a book of card sketches and I saw this one I have used for my card and thought it could be used for many options.

So here is my card (and its really quick.)





The things I used

One of the stamps out of the inspiration bags Small Geisha
Sakura glaze and souffle pens
White DL card blank
2 different blue paper and card and a scrap of white card
Stampendous frame dies
Black Stazon inkpad
Adhesive gems

This is what I did

1  Fold DL white  card in half.

2   Cut the patterned paper so that there is a border of about 5mm all around the front panel attach this to the front of the card.

3  Cut a rectangle of white card the same width as the patterned paper on the front of the card and 3cm deep.

4  Cut a rectangle of blue card (mine was a textured surface) and cut  the same width as the patterned paper and 2.5 cm deep.

5  On another scrap of white card stamp the little geisha girl and colour this in using the Gelly roll pens............glaze,souffle and sparkle.



6  Once coloured in use the frame dies from Stampendous, use the smaller to cut the stamped design and the cut the larger one in a different blue............mine was a piece of Turquoise pearl card,.  Attach these 2 pieces together.

7 Put the layers of the card together.  Finally as my backing paper had flowers on it I applied 3mm self adhesive gems to the centres of all the flowers, and then took 3 x 5mm self adhesive gems and placed these in a row on the blue panel across the card.


    

There you have it for me this is a happy card and must admit as I was colouring the little geisha I smiled as I remembered making other cards using similar stamps.

Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely week,for more ideas remember to check out the  Woodware blog.

Bye for now

Gill 

No comments:

Post a Comment